The Community Outreach and Engagement Core (Community Core) will promote new community-academic partnerships and research. In addition, the Community Core will work closely with the Education and Research Training Core (ERTC) and Research Core to promote community-academic partnered research with junior faculty, and novel trainings for community partners, especially in the areas of ethics and regulatory issues.
All Community Core efforts will be built on the foundation of Project EXPORT Center’s past work to develop community-based participatory research (CBPR) and its more-focused iteration, community-partnered participatory research (CPPR).
To reach its goal, the Specific Aims of the Community Core are:
1) to promote community-academic partnerships that will facilitate innovative, empowered, participatory models of community involvement in research;
2) to increase the quantity, quality, and validity of research conducted with community partners; and
3) to increase the impact of community-academic partnered research by the dissemination of research findings and to evaluate the Community Core efforts
The Community Outreach and Engagement Core Faculty
Michael Rodriguez (ERTC Director UCLA)
David Martins (Director CDU)
Loretta Jones (Co-Director CDU)
Angela Brinn-Young (Co-Inv CDU)
- Administrative Core
- The Community Outreach and Engagement Core
- The Educational and Research Training Core
- The Research Core